Tuesday, November 1, 2011

So Next Step was the Audition!

I did my character performer audition in Orlando October 19 and it was crazy!
There weren't that many people there, maybe less than 100 which was great for me. I had my little sister as my stylist since I am a failure at all things feminine. I dressed myself up in black jazz pants, a black tank top and an off shoulder white shirt with a big old school mickey face on it. Now even though they tell you not to wear disney gear, I got a lot of compliments on my mickey shirt from the choreographers and casters themselves! I out on light make-up and headed out the door an hour before the audition started expecting there to be a long line. There wasn't.

They measured my height and I know that I am 5'5" but the woman told me I was 62.75" which would put me at 5'2" and some centimeters. They then gave me the number 53 and I waited, stretching and looking around at "competition" then they took all of us as one group and taught us the dance in the back room. Our choreographer was an old friend of mickey's and she was very short. To my advantage the first dance was the same one I had learned the last time I auditioned. So I flew through the first part with zero mistakes and a huge smile on my face. I passed the first round with a few others feeling my heart jump up with excitement.

The downside to the choreographer being short. When learning the second dance she moved front row people to the back. I got stuck behind a huge guy and couldn't see the complex footwork. Then we were given our two mime/animate scenes to act out: washing your dog and planting a tree. After all that they broke us up in to smaller groups of six and had us do it alone. So the line-up went like this with no breaks:
Dance
Mime
Dance again
Mime

I was extremely out of breath. Then they took our pictures and had us fill out a form. After that they only oulled three people to stay longer. I felt devestated as I exited the building waiting for my parents to pick me up. But one of the casters ran out after me to talk. He said I looked perfect to be friends with Alice or Tinkerbell, but that they had too many friends already. He told me I would hear from them in an email and if anything when I go up on Jan. 18, 2012, they might pull me from check-in to do another audition. So here's to hoping I get the part!

No comments:

Post a Comment